[TenTec] Omni C on 17m

Mike Hyder --N4NT-- N4NT_Mike.Hyder at charter.net
Mon Aug 18 23:48:15 EDT 2003

Here is an email I sent privately to a fellow today.  It speaks for itself
and I stand by it.

Take a different rig.  My Omni-C puts out spurs.  Even with the KEY UP, it
puts out a couple of watts of garbage -- doesn't matter what mode.

I just called Stan Brock and fussed at him for giving such advice.  He
doesn't listen well.  If you want to talk with somebody who knows what he's
talking about, call Garland Jenkins in the Ten-Tec service department
(865-428-0364).  I just spoke with him and he stands by his advice to me
some 15 years ago that the Omni-C should not be used on 17 meters.

73, Mike N4NT