[TenTec] GPS and OMNI VI

Curtis Rossow curtisa at worldlinkisp.com
Tue Aug 19 12:58:57 EDT 2003

I am using an Omni VI opt 3 referenced to an HP Z3801A. It feeds its signal
to pin 1 of U12 (osc in) on the Logic Board. Since the band setting
crystals are phase lock looped to the 10mhz signal the rig is very stable
except for the noted drift in the BFO oscillators. I have spent some time
on adjusting the 9mhz oscillators after having the rig on for a couple of
hours. I now find that after 30 minutes of turn on the rig is very stable
with an error of only a couple of hertz.\

Curt  NU7R

nu7r at arrl.net

Virus and Spam protection provided by WorldLinkISP
Surf the Web up to 5 times FASTER then regular dialup!
MegaSpeed Access for as little as $10.95 mo.
Internet Access for as little as $5.95 mo.
http://www.WorldLinkISP.Com