[TenTec] Amp question

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 22 15:16:20 EDT 2003

Hi Bob,

I'm curious about what mode you are operating where you drive the amp to get
275 watts out.  I'm guessing it must be either cw or AM with a carrier?
anyway, as Jerry said, just tune it for max output--I find the LED bar real
handy for this, and I also suggest forgetting about the tune button and
instead, put the exciter on cw and tune for max output while giving the amp
about 30-50 watts of dahs from the exciter.  if you want to really fine tune
it (the tune cap -- load isn't as touchy) give it a few single widely spaced
dahs to touch it up.  you can't do it this way with an electromechanical
meter--it's not fast enough but the leds work great.
73,
Rob
K5UJ