[TenTec] Using Scout w/external keyer

J. W. (Dub) Thornton dub at oklahoma.net
Wed Aug 27 11:56:57 EDT 2003

At 10:05 PM 8/26/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Actually, it has been my experience that the problem is worse with
>external keying, at least when I use a straight key, I experienced very
>severe warmup drift. Putting in the mod described in QST a couple of
>years ago will fix the problem. I can send you the mod if you don't have
>it. It was discussed on this reflector.

Bob:  I have been contemplating a Scout for my mobile rig for some
time now, but have not yet made the move.  One of the delaying
factors has been the notorious freq hop/skip/jump that so many of
the scouts show.   It sounds just like the PTO hop of all the older
Ten Tec rigs that are in need of a bit of TLC on the PTO.  Even so, I
am a big fan of Ten Tec, with 7 of their old rigs on hand.

I would like to see the mod, if it is not too much trouble for you to send
it.

"73"  Dub