[TenTec]Re: Thinking about visiting TT to try out a rig? Oh my, what about HFRB@TT ?

W4CHLTenTecEl eu5q2f402 at sneakemail.com
Tue Dec 2 13:50:04 EST 2003

Scott et al on the TenTec list,

Well, we fared a LOT better than TenTec did - sry to hear of your antenna disaster. Hope you are back on the air soon.

Have you ever thought of setting up a "HF Remote Base" as has W4MQ, but with a TT Orion or maybe Jupiter ?

There is a fellow in Central PA (KA3ODJ) who did some setup with a Pegasus and was looking at the W4MQ code to get it working with Pegasus/Jupiter/Orion. Would be a great way to allow potential buyers to check out an Orion or Jupiter and see (well, hear) for themselves what they've been missing !

This is a dream we are still pursuing here, but as prime mover on this project, I got a new, more demanding job and haven't had as much time to work on this as I'd like.  Our plan is here:
http://www.rtpnet.org/parc/Station/HFRB/

We have a  Pegasus and are working through such issues as the school system network administrator who is concerned about putting a PC dedicated to Amateur Radio on her LAN. I don't blame her, the microwave link to a nearby home for DSL/Cable modem link is our back-up plan.  May be able to use a dedicated phone line, but that will limit the network bandwidth quite a bit !

Cheers & 73 de Mark W4CHL
Chapel Hill, NC  rtpnet.org/parc