[TenTec] Mixing Interfaces?

Eric Rosenberg wd3q at starpower.net
Wed Dec 3 01:39:59 EST 2003

I presently use DX4Win and Writelog to 'directly' control my Omni 6+
with the TT protocol, going from the computer to the rig's DB-25, a 301
remote tuning knob and Herc II amp.

I'd like to try the N1MM (and N3FJP) contesting software, but it
doesn't support the TT protocol, instead the Icom protocol.

My question is whether I can run the Icom protocol for rig control with
N1MM, have the computer control the Herc II, and still use the '301.

Will the following configuration work:

Computer --> Omni (Icom input)

                                        /-> 301
Omni DB-25 ("Y" cable") <