[TenTec] Argo V and PSK-31

Rick Williams rick.williams at telus.net
Wed Dec 3 09:55:41 EST 2003

I too am curious about the factory suggested hook up of the Argo V for PSK.
The schematic shows adequate attenuation for the line-in to mic circuit but
there are no isolation transformers that I can find.

The set-up suggested by the factory works without problem BUT I'd be curious
to know how they rationalized the direct hook-up without 1:1 isolation
transformers.

73,

Rick
VE7ASR

Website:  http://www3.telus.net/ve7asr

> To: 	<tentec at contesting.com <mailto:tentec%40contesting.com>>
> Subject: 	Re: [TenTec] Argo V and PSK-31
> From: 	"J. D." <duffyb01 at fuse.net <mailto:duffyb01%40fuse.net>>
> Date: 	Wed, 3 Dec 2003 07:09:51 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
>
> I would caution everyone about directly connecting the radio and the
computer.  I know TT says it is o.k., but to the best > of my knowledge,
there are no audio isolation transformers inside the radio.  I would not,
and do not, connect the computer > audio to the radio directly.  I would
suggest that anyone doing this use isolation transformers between the radio
and the > > computer.  A spike from one could damage the other.  Don't learn
the hard way.  Duffy www.wb8nut.com