[TenTec] Pegasus

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Wed Dec 3 17:00:07 EST 2003

Hi Paul,

I had a Pegasus for about a year.  It was a nice radio, with decent
performance and I liked it.  I can recommend it for normal amateur use.

If, on the other hand, you want a contest-class radio, with the ability to
separate VERY closely spaced stations and eliminate interference to the
extent that a contester does, then this is not the radio you want.  A
Corsair for example, with the available IF filters, will outperform it by a
considerable margin, as will the newer radios.  There are compromises in
this radio to make it general coverage and available for a price, that
simply don't allow it to perform up to that level.

That aside, I can recommend it for normal use.  If you do decide to purchase
it, be sure to also purchase the excellent control software that Carl
provides for the radio.  It is a major improvement to the radio.  Carl is on
the list here and will no doubt jump in and introduce himself.

Best Regards,

Gary
AA2IZ