[TenTec] A source of bug valuations (Vibroplex)

Curt Krelic k3ey at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 20:34:20 EST 2003

It depends on exactly what kind of bug it is, and the condition. A zephyr is worth way more than the standard, and a lightning or a champion is worth a little more. Same old story, if someone wants it bad enough it’s worth a lot, if not, forget it. I don't care what those books say, I could write one and say I too am a self ordained expert too.
Curt/k3ey

Stuart Rohre <rohre at arlut.utexas.edu> wrote:
I spoke too quick and my suggested key word google search will not bring up
links to 1944 bug value, (Vibroplex).

However, with telegraph keys as key words, I found this from related sites:

a.. Perera's Telegraph Collector's Guide
by Tom Perera, W1TP (1998)
Artifax Books
P.O. Box 88
Maynard, MA 01754 USA
$10.00 plus $2 s/h (softbound)

Noted collector Tom Perera, W1TP, has recently published this reference,
which includes a section on Vibroplexes. He identifies and discusses keys,
registers, sounders, relays and other telegraph instruments with 250
pictures and descriptions as well as a value guide with 250 current
collector prices. This handy resouce also includes Reinke's and McEwen's
lists of makers, excerpts from Larry Nutting's J-series book, Doug Seneker's
bug list, and more.

All you would ever want to know, almost!
Stuart
K5KVH