[TenTec] VFO 263 PTO Rebuild Question

w8au at sssnet.com w8au at sssnet.com
Thu Dec 4 19:27:13 EST 2003

At 02:47 PM 12/04/2003, Stuart, K5KVH wrote:
>Dan,
>Before you get too far and replace parts that may not need it; try this:
>Get some Triflow, an oil product that also contains Teflon in the form of
>microscopic ball bearings.
>Your drive is frozen because of congealed aged grease.   Flush that out with
>Triflow, or in extreme cases, with an alcohol.   Then apply Triflow and see
>if that cures the frozen state.
>  May save you the cost of a rebuild kit.

I can "second the motion" by Stu.........

I have brought a number of TT PTO's back to normal by doing this.

*Tip xcvr on it's back....
*Remove tuning knob, and felt washers, exposing shaft and bearing....
*Using eyedropper, flush with alcohol... this will free up drive, then
rotate dial from one end to the other a few times.
The free play will only be temporary unless you continue with the next
step......
*Drip Triflow into bearing area.....   exercise shaft from end to end again a
few times.    Job done.

All I have done have remained free.......

Perry   w8au