[TenTec] 280 PS refurbishment questions

Edward Crawford w4wvw at msn.com
Thu Dec 4 21:59:40 EST 2003

Good day, all.

I am in the process of swapping the components of my 280 PS into a brand new chassis
that came with the equipment when I bought it. Have a couple simple questions.

Under the J-shaped bracket/heat sink the bridge rectifier is mounted in, there was residue
of what was left of some sort of paste. Is this normal heat sink paste or something else?

When installing the new meter face/holder, and the new Ten-Tec emblem (shiny new orange dot!),
what is done to hold them in place? It looked like the original ones had been melted in place,
possibly with the soldering iron. I would hate to mess them up. Probably never find another.

That's all I need to know for now. Maybe more as I get further along. Thanks in advance.
73. Ed/w4wvw