[TenTec] Solid State Amplifiers

KD7EFQ at aol.com KD7EFQ at aol.com
Sun Dec 7 10:05:06 EST 2003

Hello all, since Ten Tec is still wondering about wether or not to introduce
a Hercules III, some of you looking for a solid state amp now may want to look
at Tokyo Hy Power's line. They currently offer a 500w out. solid state no
tune amp, and coming soon they will have a 1KW out. solid state amp. From what I
understand, they have built in power supplies, but no auto band switching
options, and are fully protected against overdrive etc. The reviews on E-ham are
quite good. They seem to be Japan's Ten Tec wthout offering radios. Hopefully
TenTec's managment will get off the fence soon and see a demand for solid state
amps again. But until then, Tokyo Hy Power looks like a very viable option.
Put Tokyo Hy Power in your search engine to find it. They do have english pages
so you do not have to download the Japanese text option. I know I'll probably
get scolded for this post, But Ten Tec needs to bring back the Hercules line
IMHO. ( The prices also seem quite a bit less than a Quadra or IC-4KL.)

73, Todd - KD7EFQ

"The Race is over...THE RATS WON!"