[TenTec] Omni VI+ output

Paul DeWitte K9OT k9ot at mhtc.net
Sun Dec 7 18:08:37 EST 2003

Earlier today I posted a message about the output on my Omni V+. When I
bought this radio several moths ago the receieve antenna did not work. So
off to TN went the radio for a fix and a complete checkup since I wanted to
use it in the 160m contest. When it came back, on the work order it said
that the diodes in the receieve antenna circuit had been removed so they
replaced them. It worked fine, until about 10 hours into the contest, when I
started having trouble with output.

Thanks to Clark, WA3JPG who said that it may be in the receieve antenna
diodes, I again tried it into the dummy load. It has the same problem until
I push the receieve ant button and in the activated position everything is
normal (100W out solid).

So whatever the problem  is, it may be in the receieve antenna circuit that
was supposed to be fixed.

Not sure where to start looking so a call to TT in the morning is in order.

Thanks for the space

73 Paul K9OT