[TenTec] DX info / Future Tentec gear

Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales sales at tentec.com
Mon Dec 8 12:25:06 EST 2003

At 07:41 PM 12/5/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks to all for the help. It was too simple for me to think of doing a
>search on the net.(DUH!)
>
>I for one am quite pleased with my Omni 6+, and will have it for awhile. My
>wish as stated previously a long time ago is to wait for Tentec to come out
>with the next generation rig that will outperform AND out feature the
>IC-7800.
>Call it the Omega if you will, Hi Hi. But seriously, the next void that
>really
>needs filled is what AC5E and others suggest, a Pure DX rig without all the
>extras for the contesters, but same level Orion performance in a single
>reciever.
>(and slightly lower pricetag) 73.

I have to laugh, because when we were doing the Omni-VI Plus (whose close-in
receiver performance, while not measured by the ARRL Lab, is comparable to
the 20 kHz spacing numbers) - we always got comments like "I didn't buy an
Omni-VI Plus, because it doesn't have a subreceiver, a this, a that, it
doesn't
have this thing....but I hear the receiver is great.  And for contesting, I
really
need to have a....which the Omni-VI doesn't have.  Boy, that receiver sure is
something, though....."

No plans for an "Orion Lite" transceiver.

Scott Robbins, W4PA

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
   Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
   Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
   Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>
   Email:  New product sales/product info         sales at tentec.com
              Service department                         service at tentec.com
   While we make every effort to answer email in an expedient manner,
   the telephone is a much more efficient tool for getting a quicker and
   more complete answer to your inquiries.  Thanks!