[TenTec] Solid State Amps

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Mon Dec 8 15:43:04 EST 2003

>Over here in Europe we have similar rules regarding not being
>allowed to sell certain amps, but hams may buy anything anywhere
>in the world and run it as long as they ascertain it meet the
>rules & regs as far as harmonic suppression and maximum
>distortion, etc.

Here in the USA it is not necessary to have an Amateur Radio License (or
any other kind) to buy any radio transmitting equipment. And there is no
legal requirement (that I know of) that the seller even tell the buyer
that a license is required in order to transmit. CBers have no license
that can be revoked if they get caught operating illegally. Hams have to
deal with the stupid amplifier rules that don't bother the outlaws a bit.

DE N6KB