[TenTec] Induction Field [WAS - PS grounding]

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Thu Dec 11 23:13:34 EST 2003

Bob - think about a pulse with 50,000 A rise in just over a microsecond. Followed by several more in the same range. Lots of electrons are moving, each with its own built in magnetic field. And they add up to a whole lot of lines of force in a very small space.

It's been over forty years since I had any interest, and even then it was in generating voltages that would make those big sparks, but if I remember correctly the max field strength measured close to 5 gauss per ampere.

A magnetic field that intense and changing that rapidly induces unhealthy voltages and currents in any conducting object within a few yards of the plasma "conductor" carrying that current. The field strength in an MRI is nowhere that intense, nor does it change that rapidly.

73  Pete