[TenTec] Re: New processor for LDG tuners...Results..

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Sat Dec 13 13:40:25 EST 2003

>>Hi,
>>For those who own a Z-11 or AT-11MP autotuner by LDG, there is a new
>>processor available that adds 200 memories to the tuner

I have a SGC autotuner. It has memories too, and I understand that it
uses some type of frequency determining circuit (probably a counter) to
decide which memorized tuning setting to go to.
The LDG tuner that I have (don't recall the model) operates as though it
has no memory, and has to go through it's paces everytime, to find the
correct tuning. This was one of their earlier models. I was unaware that
LDG's tuners had evolved to having memories, so that instead of
searching for a low SWR tuning, they can imediately go to a
predetermined memorized setting. Can someone tell me how does the tuner
know which memorized setting to use? Does it count the frequency, or do
you have to tell it some other way?

Thanks for the info, and yes I will look at their web site.

Ken N6KB