[TenTec] Orion--K2--706 & SSB

Dave Edwards kd2e at comcast.net
Sun Dec 14 09:38:37 EST 2003

But then again, I bet my TS520 sounds better than the orion on
SSB...certainly my KWM2A does!
I don't look at all those specs either. The value of the rig is in small
features.
How easy is it to program and send from cw memory?
How easy is it to hook up to computer and sound card?
How smooth does that tuning knob spin?
I would give up a lot of the fancy features to have a heavy, big flywheel
tuning knob!
How specs compare as a result of ARRL's disection is nice reading, and one
would hope that
a multi-thousand dollar radio shows competitive numbers, but if you have to
pop open the cabinet to get at some user control (side tone volume or
vox-delay for example) .....those are things
that I notice.