[TenTec] Orion--K2--706 & SSB

Marijan Miletic, S56A s56a at bit.si
Sun Dec 14 21:43:32 EST 2003

Huge horizontal RX loop might be a good aproximation for a very strong BCI
in the unique cases of excellent low bands propagation.

Funkamateur tests leave a lot to be desired.  I'd preffer G3SJX in RSGB
Radcomm but that should probably wait for EU CE sticker.

CU FN & 73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

Mario,

We did check receiver performance on the higher bands after
midnight local time.  There was no indication of broadcast
stations breaking through.  However we only did that on the beam
antenna.  We did not hang the huge horizontal loop on the rig and
try it.  Great idea.  Too bad I didn't think of it at the time.
I will have that checked by Dieter, next time he operates from
our mountain QTH.

73
Rick