[TenTec] E-HAM Reviews

KD7EFQ at aol.com KD7EFQ at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 09:50:39 EST 2003

Hello all, regarding the re-posting of the e-ham reviews on here, Although it gives a general guideline as to who has had problems with what model, and a GENERAL feeling for a particular rig, I would by no means base my entire opinion / decision upon a rig solely upon them. First of all the JA rigs are going to look higher simply because of larger market share. When you have 8-10 or more chain stores and dealerships dealing only the "BIG" 3 or 4 names, and not stocking a Ten Tec next to them, the Ten Tec will probably not cross peoples minds and go totally unconsidered. Since Ten Tec is factory direct, Chain stores & dealerships have no commission to make and of course aren't going to push the rigs they won't make money off of, regardless if it's a performer or not.

 Second, You never know the E-Ham posters situation. He may have just upgraded from a 10 year old or low price range rig to a fair midrange new rig and he can be so caught up in excitement, he makes it sound like he just got a "BABY ORION".

I prefer comments from long time well known contesters, People with EE degrees, and Old Timers, over a fluff piece on E-ham anyday. 73.