[TenTec] Here we go again

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:07:29 EST 2003

KD7EFQ, at the end of October you posted questions asking about the INRAD
filters, audio mod etc.  You have apparently elected not to do any of that
and are now asking about an outboard audio improvement method.  Having
rejected (it seems) the INRAD method, you are now lashing out at people with
wider filters.  Yet you seem to advocate dsb carrier AM operating which is
even wider than any SSB transmission.   This nonsequitur makes you appear to
not be rational on this.
Criticizing people who have undertaken a legitimate modification method
merely because you have decided against it for yourself does not seem to be
reasonable to me.

I have tried to understand the obvious resentment towards enhanced fidelity
SSB operators and have had to conclude there are some in the hobby who
desire it to remain in a static circa ~1970 form:   Most hams on HF
operating 2.1 khz SSB, and CW with a little RTTY and 2 m. FM as exotic
modes.  Novice, Techs, Generals, Conditionals, Advanced and Extras.   No
digital modes, Echolink, SO2R and so on allowed.  Hence the kneejerk attacks
on anything new such as the AOR HF digital voice box.  I, also wish some
things had not changed, but the hobby evolves.  Accept it.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ