[TenTec] Re: EMI (was Argonaut 505 - The Answer)

David McClafferty ve1adh at yahoo.ca
Thu Dec 18 19:27:29 EST 2003

Steel would make the problem worse by providing a path
for the magnetic field. You would need "mu metal" for
a magnetic shield.
The "clamshell" type cases that Tentec used often act
as a shorted turn when they are close to a transformer
and the eddy currents setup a secondary field that is
picked up by the circuits inside the case.

Dave, VE1ADH

 --- JAMES T HANLON <knjhanlon at msn.com> wrote: > Alan,