[TenTec] "Elderly" TT cabinet refinish

Edward Crawford w4wvw at msn.com
Thu Dec 18 23:27:54 EST 2003

I have always had pretty good luck using WD-40 to remove tape adhesive from painted surfaces, never used it on vinyl.
Might want to start on a small area if you try it. I don't know if there's a source for the vinyl. One place I used to work a few years ago bought some  coils of aluminum sheet that were coated with a black vinyl that were used to make interior trim parts for semi trucks. The vinyl must be available somewhere. It was similar to what Ten-Tec used but had a grain effect to it.
I believe people think, "if you can't fix it, duck it".
73. Ed/w4wvw