[TenTec] Re: EMI (was Argonaut 505 - The Answer)

David McClafferty ve1adh at yahoo.ca
Fri Dec 19 11:50:51 EST 2003

I did not mean the shorted turns that are purposely
applied to transformers, but accidental shorted turns
formed by clam-shell styled cabinets and cases. Any
conductor that forms a loop and is in the transformer
field can act as a shorted turn. I have seen this
effect cause hum in audio equipment,distorted traces
on scopes and twisted rasters on TV screens.

Dave, VE1ADH

 --- Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00 at uky.edu> wrote: > I tried to
sent the following with attachment to