[TenTec] Why leave out calibration information TT????

OTAKEBI at aol.com OTAKEBI at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 11:09:24 EST 2003

Why does TT make such complete Manuals for the OMNI V and VI and then leave
out basic information such as setting of IC Limit, Internal ALC Limit, FWD and
REF adjustment,
Meter Offset, etc.?
I had to make two long distance calls to TT just to get the information for
ALC calibration.
I spoke to a very nice Tech and asked if the information that was lacking in
the Manual could be found in a Service Manual or Supplement I could buy and he
told me that no such thing exist.
How does TT recalibrate a rig?
I don't think that each Tech is expected to keep it in their head.
Does anyone on this reflector know if a place exist that this information can
be bought or located?
Thanks,
Dan N4VET