[TenTec] Pegasus, LDG Tuner & SWL

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Tue Dec 23 19:25:15 EST 2003

John,

I don't think you can (legally) tune any of the LDG tuners outside of the
ham bands. The LDG tuners require the presence of RF to tune, even when
tuning manually using the front panel switches on the AT-11MP. You can get
the Pegasus to generate RF outside of the ham bands and you could tune the
LDG tuners, but that wouldn't be legal.

However, for SWL purposes, I don't the SWR match matters all that much.

It would be nice if someone would make a tuner that used something like the
circuit in the MFJ 259B antenna analyzer to tune without generating RF
(well, that's not entirely true, I'm sure the 259B generates RF, it's just
at a Part 15 level).  I'm sure that will be coming.

Mark