[TenTec] Pegasus, LDG Tuner & SWL

John T. Fleming W3GQJ at comcast.net
Tue Dec 23 19:44:37 EST 2003

John,

I have an MFJ-941D tuner that I use with my Omni D.  When I use it with my
Jupiter, I just make sure the internal tuner is not engaged and then tune
for "maximum smoke" coming out the speaker.  The LDG tuner needs RF to
adjust itself and the Jupiter will only allow that within the ham bands.

If you are interested in listening to the foreign DRM broadcasts, take a
look at the www.n9vv.com and look at the Jupiter and see MOD 3.  I
understand the Pegasus has the same board.  You need to route the digital RF
from JU7, pin 7 to the spare RCA on the back.  I am going to put the MOD on
my Orion sub-receiver but I need to pick up a small piece of RG174 with a
miniature male coax connector.  Then I will be able to use the DRM with
either the Jupiter or Orion.

73,
John