[TenTec] PDP-11

Rick Westerman Rick at dj0ip.de
Wed Dec 24 08:53:05 EST 2003

Mario, I think Bill Clinton actually admired Jimmy Carter quite a
lot so maybe "Bill Carter" was his secret desire ;-)

I have to think hard when I first used a computer in contests,
but it must have been 1977.  It was a TektroniX Desktop Computer
but I can't remember the model number anymore.   I remember it
had a Motorola CPU.  I had one of our software gurus write the
software for me to my specs.  I wasn't good enough in programming
to get the job done fast enough myself.  At the end of 1978 I
resigned and signed on with DEC.  Couldn't take the TektroniX
with me so I was back to paper again.

I never had a PDP-11 at home - Just a PDP-8.  It evolved to
become my first Packet Radio computer.

I CHANGED THE SUBJECT TO BETTER REFLECT THIS THREAD's SUBJECT.

73
Rick