[TenTec] Roofing filters

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Thu Dec 25 07:22:13 EST 2003

I believe the term was derived because the roofing filter determines the
largest b/w available.  Subsequent filtering can narrow b/w and can
improve skirt  gradient but cannot increase b/w.  The first filter has
therefore applied limits to the system or put a "roof" on it.

That's how it was explained to me many years ago and it seems to work.

73  Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F