[TenTec] Headphone clicks

Jason Buchanan jsb at digistar.com
Fri Dec 26 14:01:08 EST 2003

Carl Moreschi wrote:
> If you use 32 ohm or higher impedance headphones, you won't hear the click.
> I was just suggesting a way for you to continue to use the same headphones.
> I don't have the click in my headphones at all.  They are 32 ohm headphones.

I use a pair of AKG K 240 DF 600ohm headphones.  They are probably the
most comfortable pair of headphones i've ever used, ever.  You can wear
them for days.

http://www.akg.com/products/powerslave,mynodeid,186,id,253,pid,253,_language,EN.html

The K 240 DF is acoustically equalized to the diffuse sound field (this
is what the DF suffix stands for) which produces a natural and uncolored
sound - a flat frequency response from 15Hz to 20000Hz.

The sound from these headphones seems to enter your ear from all around
the ear, not as though it is being pushed in.  CW is the worst type of
sound you want "injected" into your head.

The other thing I find particularly nice about these headphones is the
bass response is not muddy and does not give you a headache after hours
of listening to AM phone with lots of bass response.

73 Jason N1SU