[TenTec] K2/100, Orion review

Jim Reid jimr.reid at verizon.net
Fri Dec 26 18:14:56 EST 2003

> >>Hmmm,  strange then that Scott,  W4PA was able to WIN
> one of the categories of the just past CQ WW CW contest;
> and he used TWO Orions. <<
>
> I won South American WPX record as P40A on 80m with
> single Icom IC730, does  that mean we do not need
> better radios? Hmmm?

No,  what I reported means that the Orion,  as is now,
present rig status, was NOT a huge obstacle to recent,
success.  Were these issues REALLY big
deals,  and impediments,  these fellows would not
have done as well as they did.

That is my only point as you raised the issue seemingly
implying that contesters could not possible do well on CW
with the Orion in its' present state.

73,  Jim  KH7M