[TenTec] Delta or Delta 2 specifications?

Paul gw7lhi at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 27 12:35:35 EST 2003

Seasonal salutations, fellow T-T users.

Hope you all enjoyed, and have recovered from, the festivities.

I have the chance to buy a Delta 2 and PSU.

Information about the Delta 2 seems a little thin on the ground here in the UK.

I have a couple of questions for the collective..

Can anyone point me to a resource on www that has a user manual or schematic I could browse?

What is the difference between the Delta and Delta 2, and what are the official model numbers of each?

Which PSU was commonly sold for use with the Delta 2?

Why shouldn't I buy a Delta or Delta 2?

Why should I buy a Delta or Delta 2?

Why do some adverts say the Delta has a 200w PA, and others 100w?

Is the Delta / Delta 2 the model that suffered with electroluminescent display failure, and if so are these displays still made of unobtanium? Is failure of the display age related or hours of use related?

I throw myself upon the collectives' unparalleled knowledge of these things!

I already own an Omni V which I am very happy with, overall.

Happy New Year to all, may 2004 be peaceful.

Paul MW0CDO IO81CN South Wales UK.