[TenTec] TT Orion: Also SEMI-BK-IN possible ?

Ulrich Hilsinger dh0ghu at dh0ghu.de
Sun Dec 28 00:17:18 EST 2003

Many thanks to Carl N4PY, Jack AK7O and Duane N9DG for the comments.

Of course I agree with Jack that on HF, QSK is an abolute must for
reliable operation. It has nothing to do with PTT: Be sure, I'll not use
a PTT for CW contesting, I only have two hands, one for the PC, one for
the keyer, that's all...)
On VHF, as Duane explained well, QSK is not that easy as on HF (even if
the situation here is not worst-case: Power is medium, and no preamp's
used due to the short feedline), but of course nobody will use an extra
PTT on nowadays rigs..
Thanks to Carl it now seems sure to me that I could use semi QSK easily
with the ORION, just as known from my actual equipment with using the
TS850...

So again thanks a lot for the help.

hny2004,
Ulrich, DH0GHU