[TenTec] Omni V.9 and Logger32

Rick Williams rick.williams at telus.net
Sat Dec 27 15:24:24 EST 2003

Well I was just working in the Canada Winter Contest and noticed that
Logger32 performed flawlessly with my Omni V.9 when I was using the DX Spots
in CW.  This was a pleasant surprise as I thought my rig would mysteriously
default to the narrowest filter when I used the DX Spot window to QSY.
(This problem has been reported to the Logger32 Beta development crew. In
addition, this problem existed in earlier versions of Logger16 but was
corrected.)

Since this contest is both CW and SSB I switched to SSB and the filter
problem returned (i.e. the QSY caused my filters to change to the
narrowest - 250 Hz filter - rather than my (default) widest SSB filter - 2.8
kHz).

But now for the real surprise.  When I was operating SSB with my narrow SSB
filter (2.1 kHz) engaged and used the DX Spot window to QSY Logger32 worked
perfectly.  It went to the correct frequency and mode AND it left the rig on
my narrow SSB filter position and correctly indicated that the narrow SSB
filter was in use!

This is a pretty casual contest and I was playing around.  Finding this out
has made life with my beloved Omni V.9 / Logger32 combination much more
tolerable.  I thought others using the Omni V.9 with Logger32 might benefit.
Thanks for the bandwidth.

73,

Rick
VE7ASR