[TenTec] ORION headphone clicks - the fix!

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Mon Dec 29 10:45:00 EST 2003

> On a noisy band with the clicks in evidence I've had a lot of success
> in reducing the clicks and sometimes removing them completely by
> increasing AGC threshold

This does seem to be a factor.  The band noise portion of the "click" can
also be eliminated by increasing QSK delay.  About 10% on QSK delay
does it for me at my plodding 20wpm speed.

I still have a slight switching transient which does not appear to be
background noise related present at all speeds in only the left headphone
channel which varies according to the AF gain setting.  Have not tried
another set of higher impedance phones or tried placing series resistors
in the headphone channel hot leads, however, and one of those may take
care of that one.

Grant/NQ5T