[TenTec] OMNI V QRP MOD???

OTAKEBI at aol.com OTAKEBI at aol.com
Mon Dec 29 16:35:42 EST 2003

If any of you out on the list have done the QRP mode to their TT OMNI V could
you answer this question.
I have a radio that had the mod done before I bought it.
The 100k rist. was changed to a 5k rist.
I noticed that the top end of the power output was low so I went in and
adjusted the ALC pot in the radio.
I had to crank it full open to get 95 watts output on 20 meters.
It was driving me crazy until I got a hold of the first owner and he told me
he had done the mod.
If anyone out their has also done this mod could you tell me if your ALC pot
had to be adjusted full open to increase top end output after the mod was
completed?
I don't want to change the 100k back to a 5k but I do want to make some notes
in the manual for if I decide to change it back.
Thanks,
Dan N4VET