[TenTec] FW: [Ten-Tec516] Ah-so!

RON ZOND K3MIY at CSONLINE.NET
Mon Dec 29 21:59:37 EST 2003

Gang

Someone had problems with the Argo 'Jumping" freq during PSK31 Qso's
read this!

ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Zany_Crazy_Guy [mailto:n4zcg at arrl.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 6:15 PM
To: Ten-Tec516 at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Ten-Tec516] Ah-so!

I now have seen the light.

After reviewing Clinton's explanation on the Sound Card sample rate
and it's effect on the "off-frequency" 516's, I have to agree.
I use my FT-990 on a desktop, on which I have Silicon Pixel's
ChromaPix(SSTV), and I have done the Clock adjustment by tuning into
WWV.  Reading this, I awoke some long dead brain cells.  I have used
up to this point my Argo V only on my laptop, which had NOT
been 'calibrated' in this manner.  GUYS! IT'S NOT THE RADIO!!!  So i
put the Argo on the desktop and Voila! Perfection, just like my FT-
990.

So now my new dilemma.  Installing my SSTV program on the laptop so I
can get it calibrated.....

Does anyone know of an easier way to do this, as I was not planning
on doing SSTV with the Argo?

Fred
N4ZCG