[TenTec] Another reason for PTT CW

Kc9cdt at aol.com Kc9cdt at aol.com
Tue Dec 30 12:28:26 EST 2003

Hi Guys,
I like the fact that TT (Thanks Scott!) has excellant QSK.

HOWEVER, I WOULD LIKE TO ALSO HAVE THE OPTION OF PTT, BECAUSE, I HATE TO HEAR
ALL OF THE DARN BAND NOISE (OR JUST THE RX COMING ON) IN BETWEEN WORDS!

Doesn't anyone else care about that?

Yes, I have the QSK delay up to 100%, but it still isn't alwaya long enough
to prevent the RX from coming on. AND even if it was a little longer ( Easy for
them to do?) then when you are ready for RX you have to wait for the QSK
delay to timeout.

This of course has nothing to do with linears or PC's or contesting.
JUST TO ENJOY CW QSO's

I just did some CW work this AM, the QSK is very irritating to me.

Scott, is it really that hard to offer the choice of PTT or QSK?

Am I the only one that is concerned about this?

Thanks Guys, Learning a lot here.

Lee, KC9CDT ( WA8OJC when 16)