[TenTec] Wish the sidetone volume stayed constant

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Wed Dec 31 06:40:54 EST 2003

K4IA wrote:
 >Please make the sidetone volume constant.  It should not be blasting me away
just because I have to turn up the receive volume.

         Craig (or is it "Buck"...your signature always confuses me), I'll
have to say I like it the way it is.  Once I found a good setting (mine
is at 30), I've never needed to adjust it again.

         I'm curious why you are changing your receive volume in the first
place?  Orion's AGC is so good I very seldom adjust mine once I get
the level I want.  Maybe this is why I've never noticed the problem you
describe with the sidetone level.  There could be some differences due
to the way we are setting our AGC.

                                                 73,  Bill W4ZV