[TenTec] dealer networks: AES NO value added

Randy & Cara Randall crrandal at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 1 22:29:40 EST 2003

/
AC5E at aol.com wrote:/
/
The "Magnuson Moss Consumer Protection Act" is one such joke on the
public. It says that if the box has even been opened the contents are used.
The radio, camera, microwave oven, or whatever the defective product may be
cannot be legally sold as new in the United States, or its territories and
possessions./

/And a lot of states picked up the ball and
ran with it - making it totally illegal to resell any product that has been
returned for any reason.
/

Makes you wonder where all those Yaesu 7100's went.  Must be a
wherehouse full of them someplace.  Lots of them returned from what the
reviews on Eham reflect.   Bet there will be a refurbished "fire sale" @
Dayton this year!

The  flea markets around here have several vendors that sell refurbished
electronic goods ( must not be a problem here in Ohio, Kentucky and
Indiana area ) and you can find lots of people on Ebay making a living
selling refurbished goods.  I have seen  someone today selling
refurbished Kitchenaid products on there.  I have seen our local ham
radio store get in refurbished product from time to time usually at a
fair discount.  The local WalMart has little problem placing used goods
on display at full price that has obviously been returned.  There were
lots of opened GMRS radios ( In those nasty one piece plastic packages
that you cannot open without damaging.) being returned after Christmas
because of the $75.00 licensing fee to use a $20.00 radio!  Used product
sold at new price, but could not be mistaken for new by most anyone.
 The box tape holding the package together gives it away!
/

If they (Manufacurer) won't replace the product and eat the loss, the
dealer must either refuse to replace the product or take the loss. /

Why would a dealer in their right mind carry something like this?  Why
would you want to punish yourself?  Not worth the trouble and bad image
it will cause when you refuse to make it right and the loss if you do.
Bad business all the way round.

/And, speaking strictly personally, I have had quite a few dealings with
AES.
I paid a fair price, got what I paid for, got better service than I could
have, and the next time I need something they have I won't hesitate to dial
their number/.

I hope that they continue to serve you well.  Honistly I really do.

Randy AB9GO