[TenTec] Argosy - Help - one dead band

Pete Juliano jessystems at cablespeed.com
Sun Feb 2 19:05:22 EST 2003

Hi Jim,

I had a Corsair I that 17 meters was dead --nothing heard or transmitted.
The crystals that are used for the mixing scheme are located on the bottom
of the chassis. So that when the chassis is right side up the crystal are up
side down. My fix was as simple as pulling out the 17 meter crystal and
reseating it and that took care of the problem.

How I got to the crystal was that the Corsair I worked on all of the other
bands FB --full output and all the controls worked. So I reasoned that
something was not switching in the loop on 17 meters. That lead me to the
crystal deck. May be worth a try.

Good Luck & 73's
Pete W6JFR