[TenTec] Looking for some help.

HGLENT hglent at frii.com
Tue Feb 11 07:41:30 EST 2003

I have an old Argosy 1,  that has served me well
for many years on camping and other portable adventures.  It began going
to pot little by little until it generally gave up.  I tried to work on
it, but found the old eyes ain't what they used to be at my young and
tender age, so I gave up and sent it to TT.  Paul Clinton and the boys
took a look at it and said the repairs would cost more than the rig is
worth.  ( I don't think they wanted to mess with the older rigs any
more.)  So home it came.

Other than the band switch needing lubrication I think most of the
problems may be located in the power supply, or mixer but I may be
wrong.  I am
sure the rig needs a complete realignment after the problem is found.
>From what I can tell the mixer out put failed band by band beginning
with 10 meters and going down.  I am 98% sure the finals are good.

I dearly love this rig and have set it aside until I can get enough time
to work on it, all be it, I have a heck of a time seeing the little
stuff
to do the soldering and measurements.  I figured if I could get it
playing again, I could send it to TT for alignment, as I don't have the
test equipment to do that level of maintenance.

If any of you would be willing to tackle this project I would be happy
to pay
some reasonable amount to get it going again.  I don't want to sell it,
as I have used it a bunch and want to use it again.  I have all the docs
on the rig including the mods that have been done over the years.  So if
any one is interested in helping this poor old decrepit, beat up, broke
and
generally run down old guy, please email me direct.  :-)

Take care.  Work hard.  Prosper.

TNX ... es ... 73S ... de ... WA0BAG

Paul K.
WA0BAG