[TenTec] Re: FS: Ten-Tec Century 22 & accessories - REDUCED

KD5NWA KD5NWA at cbayona.com
Wed Feb 12 09:58:18 EST 2003

Just out of curiosity, nothing intended for the seller of this radio, but
why do Century 21 and 22 command such a high price? I have seen many used
Ten-Tec rigs specially the 509  selling for less than that, and the 509 has
a very good reputation. The radio doesn't have WARC bands and no SSB so why
does it command a higher price than a 509? I have noticed that even on EBay
it usually sells for over $300 while Tritons, Deltas, Argos can be
occasionally found for under $300

Inquiring minds would like to know

At 05:16 PM 2/11/2003, you wrote:
>OK, motivated seller!
>I need to move this Century 22 to get a new Ten-Tec radio!
>
>For Sale:
>
>Ten-Tec Century 22  HF Transceiver
>
>Covers 80, 40, 30, 20, 15, & 10 Meters
>Direct conversion receiver, analog dial,
>Runs about 20 watts output CW.
>
>Includes optional # 226 crystal calibrator,
>matching Model # 979 Power supply, manual, and box.
>
>Radio is in very good condition, everything works,
>minor wear on the case, front panel is very clean
>
>Asking $300.00 + shipping from 75070
>
>or
>
>BEST CASH OFFER !!!!
>

>73 - Dave
>Dave Redfearn, ARS N4ELM, McKinney, TX
>Email: n4elm at NOJUNKattbi.com (to reply, remove NOJUNK)
>QRL? de N4ELM/qrp

Cecil
KD5NWA