[TenTec] Reply mistakes/info

robert k stephens bstephens1 at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 12 19:32:18 EST 2003

  I hope Tim doesn't mind my quoting him, but his words also apply  to me
quite well. <g> :

"This is probably going to be extremely embarrassing but here goes ...Try
not to laugh too hysterically."

I've figured out why I couldn't send e-mails privately to folks on this
list and it's not the Administrators fault. Nope - it's my own dumb
mistake. My apologies to the list. My e-mail program (Eudora) has a default
setting that shows only the short simple version of the senders address.
Typically it only shows something like: joesmith at dialup.com  For this list
it used to show 2 addresses :e.g. ten tec @ contesting.com,
kb1ciw at arrl.net  Since the changes in the list, my software  now displays
the list address only. I couldn't cut and paste the personal address
because I couldn't see it !   Well I finally broke down, and actually
clicked on "help"   and figured out how to get the long address to show on
the screen, so now it is  easy to cut and paste and send private messages
out to the appropriate  person. Ok yes... this was rather dumb of me but I
bet I'm not the only one who didn't read the directions ;-) so I thought
just in case anyone  else was having the same problem I would post the
solution <g>

Sorry for causing trouble.
Bob KB1CIW