[TenTec] Mail Replies - What Happened?

Chester calderman at cox.net
Sun Feb 16 09:38:01 EST 2003

I guess it's already evident the lack of messages on this reflector
since the 'Reply' policy was put into effect.

There are three more TT list, one that John mentioned on QTH.net, the
qrp group on Yahoo, and the Orion group also on Yahoo.

I, personally, despise the Yahoo list because of it's constant pop-up
advertisements, and it's insistence of putting cookies on you PC. And
their cookies are known to track your personal information. I made a
suggestion to N9VV about switching the Orion list to QSL.net and I think
he is looking into that because he expressed dissatisfaction with Yahoo
also.

Jim, this list administrator, made the decision to change the 'Reply'
function and seemed rather upset that I made a comment about it. His
response was "this subject is CLOSED." So it seems as if there is very
little to be gained to mention it to him again as it seems to be a sore
subject to him.

I, again personally, think this list will be dead soon. I would try to
establish a Ten Tec list on QSL.net, but in March I'm retiring and
moving to south Georgia. I may discuss it with N9VV and the new Yahoo
Orion list manager after I get settled.

Tom/W4BQF

Chester Alderman
calderman at cox.net