[TenTec] Scout 555 coax jumpers.

Stuart Rohre rohre at arlut.utexas.edu
Mon Feb 17 16:27:34 EST 2003

OK Ed,
I am sure Ten Tec will work with you on the noise floor problem.  It may be
only a badly crimped jumper cable, or as I stated either a loose screw
ground or bad solder joint.  My Scout is very quiet.  Some Scout owners in
using the wrong style of phones to the auxiliary speaker jack can hear some
whoosh from the microprocessor driving the display, but use of high
impedance miltary surplus communication phones or old Trimm magnetic headset
allows one to run audio levels so low that no computer noise is heard.

A remote possibility is that someone incorrectly bundled cables and placed
computer display drive lines too close to RF connections that are not
shielded, or DC supply wires.
Let me know what you find,
73, Stuart K5KVH