[TenTec] Argo V Continues to Amaze

John Rippey w3uls at 3n.net
Thu Feb 20 14:14:42 EST 2003

In last weekend's ARRL CW DX contest, the Argonaut V I just bought held up
amazingly well amid the strong signals. In fact, the comparison rig--a
Yaesu Mark V with 500/400 Hz (Yaesu/Inrad) filters--proved to be superior
in picking out individual signals among the activity, but not by such a
wide margin as one might think. I had thought the Argonaut's front end
would collapse under the pressure, but it didn't. Ron was right.

Altogether, an amazing radio. One which should make Ten-Tec proud.

73,
John, W3ULS