[TenTec] Any experts on the MFJ 259B Antenna Analyzer out there?

Cliff csegar at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 21 17:04:19 EST 2003

At 03:36 PM 2/21/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Misplaced the 259B manual.  I know we will find it after asking this
>question.
In PDF format at:
<http://www.mfjenterprises.com/man/pdf/MFJ-259B.pdf>
(Gotta love MFJ for making ALL of their manuals available this way. I Hope
TT does this soon.)

>The 259B has a time out function, to save the batteries.   Is there a way to
>defeat that automatic shutdown?  Like if you are running on the wall wart,
>and do not have to worry about power?
>From the manual:
Disable the “Power Saving” mode by pressing and holding the “MODE” button
before power is applied (or before the “POWER” button on the unit is turned
on). You must hold the “MODE” button and only release it
after the copyright message appears.
If the “Power Saving” mode is successfully disabled on power up, when the
“MODE” button is released the display will momentarily indicate:

de KD4GT