[TenTec] 60 Meters !!!

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at fyi.net
Sat Feb 22 21:12:00 EST 2003

Mitch,

Any older radio that uses a 5 - 5.5 MHz VFO will probably need some sort of
external transverter to access the proposed 60 meter band.  Most of these
radios don't have the capability to add an extra band, and those that do
(such as the Drake radios, such as the R4C/T4XC combo) don't have a good way
to set up a mixing crystal to beat against the VFO to get the VFO's range
out.

Such is the price of progress!

73, ron wn3vaw

"Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
"Certainly!  You take the blonde, and I'll take the one in the turban!"
-- Young Frankenstein