[TenTec] Johnson PS ??

George, W5YR w5yr at att.net
Sun Feb 23 16:51:49 EST 2003

Sounds like a linear (non-switching) non-regulated power supply using LC
filtering. By non-regulated, I mean that it sounds like it does not use
electronic regulation to maintain the output voltage constant under varying
loads. "In the old days" all our power supplies were like that and we relied
upon the filter choke inductance and the filter capacitance to provide
adequate dynamic regulation.

If it works, use it!

73/72, George
Amateur Radio W5YR -  the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13QE
"In the 57th year and it just keeps getting better!"